76 km from Leonora on the Laverton – Leonora Road, turn right onto Koorong-Mt Morgans Road for 6kms then turn left (there is a signpost without a sign) for 2kms. The cemetery is on the left with a stone-built entrance.
For the recent history of the mine see the following article published in the Financial Review. https://www.afr.com/companies/mining/every-mine-old-can-be-new-again-20150903-gje1r6
Shire of Laverton, 31 kilometres southwest of Laverton, Reserve Number 20944. The Cemetery was established in 1897 when the townsite of Mt Margaret was gazetted.
The Mt Margaret Aboriginal Community was established in 1921 and is situated 5kms from the original Mt Margaret Townsite and Cemetery.
Mount Margaret Community (formerly Mount Margaret Mission) is a ...more
Located in the Shire of Coolgardie on Credo Station,125 kms NW of Kalgoorlie between Davyhurst and Mulline and 55 kms SW of Menzies
Reserve Number: 7609
In 1901, the Moonshine Mine crushed 30 tons of ore at the State Battery for a return of 298 ounces of gold, a record at the time for a state battery.
The 1904 electoral roll contained the names of ...more
883 km east of Perth and on the Old Laverton Road between Leonora and Laverton, about 50 km east of Leonora
Alfred Edward Morgans who later became Premier of WA established a short-lived copper smelting mine in the area in 1896. ...more
45 km north of Menzies on the Goldfields Highway to the Kookynie Mt Rem Rd turn off then 10 kms to turn off on the right.
For the story about the Niagara Dam which was built at considerable effort and cost in 1897-98 but never used for the purpose for which it was built but which is now a restful camping place in the ...more