The deceased died from Cardiac Syncope following a hemorrhage from a perforated gastric ulcer. He was employed in shovelling sand from the cyanide vats at the State Battery and had just resumed work after midday when a large internal blood vessel broke. Blood gushed from his mouth like water from a tap. He scrambled from the vat and staggered some 20 yards before falling down dead within a minute. As a youth in the USA, he was a fine exponent of the American game of baseball. For the previous few years, he had followed mining pursuits on almost every field in this State. Dr. T. P. McKell made a postmortem examination of the body and gave a certificate of death from natural causes, stating that all the organs were in bad condition. Tobin left a grown up family in Victoria, who were living in good circumstances.